Pages

Monday 27 December 2010

It is a beautiful life

© Christian Cabanero

For quite a while I thought about writing an essay about some insights I had over the last few years, or so.  'Essay' was the word that came to mind to describe it.

My life is nothing special; it is pretty ordinary.  There is nothing earth-shatteringly interesting or different about it at all.  But it is nevertheless a beautiful life.

I learned a few things over the years and I was looking for a way to share those insights and ideas.  I haven't written that essay though I started a few times.  It fell down mainly on the point of: would anyone want to read it if I sent it to them and said: there you go, read it, tell me what you think.

To be honest: that sounds like a bit of a chore that I wouldn't welcome if I was on the receiving end!

Maybe not such a good idea.  So my stops and starts (more stops than starts!) never led to anything.

Wrong medium?  I think so.

A blog is a much better idea, - I can just write whatever I want to and not worry about whether there is an audience for my everyday musings.  If there is, great.  If not: not to worry - I enjoy writing as a means and an end in itself.

But a blog, more than an essay (read: lengthy saga!) does have an advantage: I can stick this on the Internet and, who knows, I might get some feedback.  That would be great!  Getting a reaction means that you can think some more about those things you were pondering about.  A chance to figure out some more stuff.  Brill!

I am not holding myself out to be anything like an expert or a teacher - all I want to do is write about some stuff that I'd like to remind myself of, if nothing else.  I am definitely not wisdom incarnated (woah, far from it) so I'm bound to say something at some point that won't hold much water.  I'd love to hear what others think, so don't be shy!

The plan is to write a few posts about subjects that form the basis of my more recent insights.  These are things like positive mental outlook, ways of affecting my health and weight, the way I am learning to appreciate exercise (I can't believe I'm saying that!), how I think that nutrition can affect your mood (I could be way off base but I think I'm on to something on this) and a few things more that'll come up when I think of them.

Being alive is an incredibly good thing (to state the obvious) and to be happy and enjoy your life has got to be even better.  That sounds naff, I quite appreciate that!  But it is true: it is a beautiful life.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love feedback! I'd love to know what you think.